The Bio/Med Investor Network works with promising U.S. based companies that have the potential to attract institutional capital in follow-on rounds. Our preference is to fund biotech, medtech and other healthcare companies that are past the prototype/proof of concept stage and are close to having customers or customer partnerships.
Bio/Med helps entrepreneurs prepare for the fundraising process by introducing them to angel investors and advisors, many of whom are successful entrepreneurs themselves. Our process is to review projects and select promising deals for initial screening by knowledgeable members. Those that pass the screening process will be invited to present at a member meeting where the members will vote on taking the project to due diligence.
At this time, the Bio/Med Investor Network is only considering applications from U.S. based companies.
Please review the application and executive summary requirements and guidelines document prior to applying. See our online calendar for the investment cycle application deadlines.
- Web Application: Complete the online application and upload an executive summary and other documents through ProSeeder. Note: There is a $100 processing fee.
- Initial Review: Members perform an initial screening of the application to ensure it is within our scope of interest.
- Screening: Screening team selects up to 6 companies per cycle (quarterly) to present to screening team for further consideration.
- Selection: Screening team selects no more than 3 companies per cycle to present at Member Investment Meeting.
- Present at Member Investment Meeting: Selected companies must give a PowerPoint or equivalent presentation of no more than 10 minutes in length, followed by a 10 minute Q&A period.
- Due Diligence